February 4, 2010

Too little too soon?

So this morning I dropped Goliva off at daycare. I must admit it was heart-wrenching to leave her there, knowing she's the youngest baby at the centre. She's so tiny, so little and so kesian.  Don't know why I'm being so sentimental about this. I guess it's tougher than I thought it would be. Having her attend the orientation on Tuesday doesn't help either. I still have this inscrutable feeling of lost and I can't focus on my work right now cos I'm constantly  thinking about her, wondering what she's doing, whether she's crying, whether the care providers are giving her undivided attention, and most of all, whether I'm doing the right thing. I am trying to remind myself that, it is the only way I can get work done and that in time, both Goliva and I will learn to adapt to the situation. It is a struggle for both mommy and baby. We'll get through this.

2 comments:

carolchs said...

if only we can have nursery at the office kan? so that tidak paya worry mau send the kids to nursery jauh2.

my eldest brother sent his son to nursery school when he was less than a year old. no one to take care of the baby at home bah so they have no choice but to send him there. once they have their maid, terus tidak kena hantar sdh.

Lizeewong said...

Yeah..IF ONLY! Here, babysitters don't come cheap and they only work during certain hours. Apa buli buat :( Daycare saja yg ada...