September 27, 2011

To descend freely by the force of gravity

Today has been a rather interesting day for me. It started off at 7.30 a.m.when I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock. Instead of pressing the snooze button like I normally do, I woke up bright and early, eager to seize the day. I was feeling cheerful cos my sister and her bff Carol had just arrived the previous night.

Another thing that excited me today was the fact that I had a meeting with both Yoda and Obi Wan. I don’t normally make a big effort to dress up for these meetings but my mood today was exceptionally different.  Today, I was feeling a little vain cos....


I had these nails to flaunt!!




I finally got Kay’s giveaway gift yesterday and had been playing with the goodies ever since. The stuff in her gift box are awesome! I had so much fun painting my nails and pasting pretty stickers on them. Thanks for the special delivery Kay! :)

Now where was I? Oh yes. Meeting the jedis right? So I got to the office at 8.50 am and started getting my stuff ready for the meet up. I spent the whole hour doing last minute checks on my analysis and the print out for the transcripts. Every 10 minutes or so I'd stop to admire my oh-so-pretty nails and started imagining Obi Wan's reaction to them.

After an hour of printing and daydreaming, it was time to make a move. I walked out with my sling bag and quickly I headed to the UCSA cafe where the three of us promised to meet. When I got there, I decided to walk in through the main door.

HUGE mistake.

The main entrance led to the main area of the cafe where most of the mingling and eating takes place. So. If one were to make a spectacle of oneself, one can easily get an audience of 30-40 people here. That's exactly what I achieved today. Can you guess what happened?



I fell flat on my butt. 



It wasn't a ladylike fall. It was more like a Humpty Dumpty kind of fall you know. A great, big, messy fall. That is probably the best definition for the word HUMILIATING. I wasn't hurt or anything. There's more than enough padding back there. But damnit, it was so embarassing! I know I'm a bit of a klutz but falling at the cafe is just a tragedy.

So what did I do? Well, after uttering a panicky OMG, I picked myself up, dusted off my bum and walked straight to the usual spot where Yoda sits every week. If it weren't for the meeting, I would've left the cafe in a heartbeat. I didn't look around to see if anyone was looking or laughing. I bet they were but I chose not to bother.

One thing made me feel better though. Yoda and Obi Wan missed all the action cos they were both late for the meeting. Thank God for that.

I have psychologically recovered from the fall but I don't think I'll visit the cafe anytime soon. It's too malufying.

15 comments:

Isabel said...

Ouch! I know how embarrassing something like that feels. Do u usually turn red when u get embarrassed? I do and it makes it a lot more embarrassing. Lagi bagus kalau nda pndai turn red, bleh lagi blagak cool. hehe:)

Lizeewong said...

YES!! I turn red too you know. Bright red which is bad cos is so obvious kan? :/

Ken said...

astaga..mcmana ko bulih tejatuh..mgnkin sbb ko telampau excited with the colored nails..i'm sorry Liz but i hv to be honest with u..sa teketawa baca bila ko bilang ko tejatuh..sbb sa baca dr awal mcm tingu movie dr awal trs tiba2 the heroin tejatuh..deii..mcm scene d movie..but, i felt sorry for you, too..sa tau mcmana rasa malu jatuh depan urg sbb sa pernah..jatuh dlm dewan makan di uni sbb tu lantai dia baru mop so licin..guess what..i jatuh with the food tray aa..buat buduh ja la time tu..when i think back, lucu juga..haha

Ken said...

btw, the painted nails lawa :) hehe

carolchs said...

Yay! Package safely arrived! Liz, punya luas your nails surface. Siok mau lukis tu. Hehe

Sorry to hear about the fall. BUt cant help terketawa bila baca la heh...You must feel 'balloony' sampai buli terjatuh ni. :D

Lizeewong said...

Kenny- Sia pun nda tau mcm mana sia buli terjatuh ni. I lost my footing when I was walking in. Bukan juga licin. Adui. Btw, sia pun pernah jatuh di Uni punya cafe dulu. Tu lagi la teruk. Jatuh masa turun tangga. As usual la, ramai org tingu :/

Kay- YA! They are indeed safe in my hands now hehe. THANK U!!! Luas kah my nails? I cut it short recently tapi nda sanggup kasi pendek telampau ^__^

Ya, si Alex pun ketawa juga bila sia kasi cerita. Dia bilang "teda apa2 ba tu dear...biasala la ba tu"
Hmm..malas sia mau p cafe ni sekarang, cos tu cashier kemarin ternganga juga tgk sia terduduk di lantai hahaha.

TaQuiLa said...

was that ur first try to 'decorate' ur nails? auuuuwww lawa oooooooooo..

anyway, sorry for the fall.mmg sakit tu the 'after-shock' kan? huhuhu..if me like that, sure mmg sa jadi udang tebakar tu muka suda..hehe

aemynadira said...

beautiful nails!!!

uh'oh....well, at least you're okay despite the humiliation..heee...
it's okay darl, it happens sometimes..it happens to everyone. :)

Lizeewong said...

Taquila- Thanks moi! Ya..1st try la ni decorate lawa2. Normally, sia cat saja.

Merah juga my face moi, panas2 sia rasa hehehe.

Aemy- Aww..you say the nicest things dear. Yeah, I guess it's not too bad. ^__^

gbeejipp said...

Haha. The fact that you fell didn't really make me laugh but they way you describe your kemaluan-ness tu yang bikin ketawa. he he he.

Lizeewong said...

MALU ba that, so many people watching hahaha... :)

Anonymous said...

Oops~ bad luck arr.. hee~
But its ok, you may never bump into the people that saw that incidence, and people will forget right~ Hee~

At the end of the day, just look back at your nail to boost yourself up.. ;p

Lizeewong said...

Hey Germaine! Yep BAD LUCK indeed hehehe..But you're right. People forget about it, it's just me being paranoid :)

Cathj said...

omg..... sometimes we need that spare stone face somewhere kan... kasih tebal tu muka... aduhhhhhhh....

Lizeewong said...

Betul tu Cath. Buat muka stone face ja sia. I went to the cafe today and I didn't feel embarassed anymore :)